DataMirror , a leading provider of real-time data integration and protection solutions, unveiled DataMirror iCluster 4.0, the latest release of DataMirror's complete high availability and disaster recovery solution for business applications running in the IBM System i (iSeries) environment. iCluster 4.0 includes significant performance, monitoring and usability enhancements that further improve system scalability, reliability and integrity of System i high-availability environments while reducing total cost of ownership.
iCluster 4.0 Highlights
DataMirror iCluster provides large enterprises running in the IBM System i environment with continuous availability of business applications, disaster avoidance and protection, and improved application system performance and response times. iCluster mirrors critical DB2 application data and objects in real time from a primary system to one or more secondary systems, ensuring the primary and secondary systems are always in sync. Users can use the secondary systems during the mirroring process to run read-only business applications, backups or queries resulting in greater return on investment and improved performance on the primary system.
Among the powerful features of iCluster 4.0 are:
- Exceptional data integrity and reliability - iCluster's unique MatchMerge technology ensures any changes, adds or deletes made to an application data store's physical files are automatically synchronized with object transactions and then mirrored in real-time to the backup system. Each transaction is replicated to the secondary system in the same order as they occur, making businesses much less vulnerable to data loss or corruption.
- Faster apply performance - iCluster 4.0's apply performance is now up to two-and-a-half times faster than its predecessor thanks to new parallel technology. This means customers working with large data volumes are able to use resources more efficiently on the target.
- Single centralized monitoring graphical user interface (GUI) - Administrators can monitor operations from multiple sources and targets from a single user interface. Administrators can easily view and manage any out-of-sync errors and objects on both source and target systems from a single screen. This eases network administration and lowers the cost of ownership of the solution; and,
- Better switchover capabilities - Administrators can now view every step of the switchover process from a single interface. By monitoring the progression of the switchover through intermediate steps, they can be confident that they are fully protected having successfully moved all of their applications to the secondary system.
For more information about iCluster, visit www.datamirror.com/products/icluster.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access