DataMirror, a provider of real-time data integration and data protection solutions, announced that it has extended the capabilities of DataMirror iReflect to enable real-time, bidirectional replication of Oracle application data running IBM's AIX 5L operating system on the System i platform. This helps enable organizations to provide high availability and 24x7 business continuity for their mission-critical Oracle applications.
Organizations today are looking to consolidate all of their corporate applications onto a single System i platform to take advantage of its proven scalability and reliability. AIX 5L is the UNIX operating system from IBM that is supported on System p and System i platforms. The ability to run Oracle applications on the System i platform allows companies to consolidate their servers, thereby reducing IT expenses and infrastructure complexity. DataMirror iReflect's cross-platform replication capability becomes a critical part of an organization's migration strategy. Once Oracle applications are running on System i, iReflect continues to provide high availability and business continuity, ensuring that corporate data is fully protected at all times. Customers can also use iReflect's master-to-master replication capabilities for workload balancing to achieve optimal system performance.
DataMirror iReflect is a high-performance, bidirectional replication solution for Oracle environments that mirrors Oracle transactions from a primary system to one or more secondary systems in real-time for continuous application availability. Further, iReflect detects primary system failure and invokes high-speed operational switching for uninterrupted data access and continuous availability of Oracle systems. It also distributes and consolidates data between Oracle databases over geographically dispersed systems for centralized reporting and on-demand analytics.
Among the business benefits of iReflect on AIX 5L for System i are:
- Real-time: iReflect captures, protects and distributes database transactions in real time, ensuring data consistency and integrity. All information is up-to-date and in sync.
- Secure : As applications are consolidated onto a single IBM System i platform, they need to be protected. iReflect conducts high-speed operational switching during planned or unplanned downtime, guaranteeing uninterrupted access to mission-critical, Oracle-based business applications.
- Simpler application migration strategy: iReflect replicates Oracle data changes including DML (Data Manipulation Language) and DDL (Data Definition Language) to System i AIX 5L applications from other UNIX platforms including HP-UX, SUN Solaris and AIX 5L on System p. This reduces migration time and expense.
- Low impact: Using DataMirror's unique log-based, change data capture (CDC) technology, iReflect conserves system resources by reading Oracle redo log files. iReflect reduces network traffic by transmitting only changed transaction data. Users get uninterrupted response time from their mission-critical systems.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access