DataMirror, a leading provider of real-time data integration, protection and event detection solutions, announced that it has extended the capabilities of Transformation Server/ES (Event Server) to help enterprises identify the business value behind their data and react in real time to revenue opportunities.
With the addition of JMS (Java Messaging Service) topics, Transformation Server/ES 5.2.5, the latest version of DataMirror's powerful event-driven data integration solution, now supports all of the leading messaging infrastructures. This enables organizations to trigger multiple business processes immediately after a business event without affecting system performance, thereby significantly improving business agility.
Highlights of Transformation Server/ES 5.2.5 include:
- Support for JMS (Java Messaging Service) topics - In addition to support for JMS message queues where messages are sent to a single destination, Transformation Server/ES can now send XML messages to JMS topics which are then distributed to multiple applications. For instance, if a new customer is added to a company's database, Transformation Server/ES instantly sends an XML message to a JMS topic which, in turn, routes it to other mission-critical applications such as sales systems, customer service applications and technical support so that the new customer can instantly receive full and complete customer service.
- Improved data integrity mechanism - If a message was not successfully delivered to its target applications, Transformation Server/ES will re-send the message to guarantee data integrity between databases and ensure that no business event goes unnoticed. The automatic retry process can be easily configured to reduce network traffic and achieve optimal business response time.
- Customizable alarms and alerts - Administrators can set alarms and alerts to notify them of Transformation Server/ES's operations and performance. This feature gives businesses the ability to reduce their administrative costs by eliminating unnecessary human intervention in controlling their computing infrastructure.
DataMirror's Transformation Server/ES (Event Server) is an event-driven data integration solution that monitors production applications for data events. Data is transformed into a message format for immediate delivery to message queues to support enterprise application integration (EAI), complex event processing (CEP), service-oriented architecture (SOA) or event-driven architecture (EDA) solutions. It instantly detects and dynamically routes data, based on content, to various message queues to be consumed by one or more applications. Rather than using triggers or performing queries against the database, Transformation Server/ES's unique log-based Change Data Capture (CDC) technology detects events as they occur without impacting the performance of mission-critical systems. For more information about Transformation Server/ES, visit http://www.datamirror.com/products/eventserver .
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access