DataDelta, Inc. announced the formation of an international Board of Advisors headed by Bill Inmon, recognized as the "father of the data warehouse" and co-creator of the Corporate Information Factory. DataDelta's Board of Advisors has more than two centuries combined experience in the fields of data warehousing, data quality and customer data integration (CDI) and include:
- Bill Inmon, founder and president, Inmon Associates, Inc.
- David Loshin, founder and president, Knowledge Integrity, Inc
- Dr. Ramon Barquin, president/CEO, Barquin International
- Aaron Zornes, president and chief research officer, The CDI Institute
- Andrew "Flip" Filipowski, chairman and CEO, SilkRoad Technology
- Philip Howard, practice leader, Bloor Research
- James Allburn, president and COO, SRS Technologies
DataDelta is currently in talks with angel investors to raise its first round of funding. Its patent-pending technology maximizes the match accuracy of current CDI de-duping systems for building a "single customer view" - a critical component for applications such as CRM, one-to-one relationship marketing, fraud detection/prevention, corporate compliance, Homeland Security and others. DataDelta is unique in that it enhances, not replaces, existing CDI and de-duping solutions.
The CDI market has recently emerged as a hot spot in the industry. Giga Group has projected that CDI will be a $2.2 Billion market in 2005, and a recent CDI Institute Survey indicated the average planned investment in CDI as being $1.2 million. The CDI opportunity has captured the interest of some of the industry's largest competitors, as evidenced by Oracle's market entry with its Customer Data Hub earlier this year.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access