The teams were given a set of data science challenges they had to solve during a two-day hackathon in Les Fontaines, near Paris, according to a Capgemini representatives.
The contest was divided in 2 phases:
- An online non-eliminatory phase to practice with the software and understand our expectations;
- And the real deal, for two days of competition and side activities.
The gathering attracted 20 university teams -- each composed of four members.
Updated, July 6, 2015: The five top-ranked teams, based on Data Science Game outcomes, are:
- Russia: Moscow State university (MSU)
- Italy: University of Rome
- France: Télécom ParisTech
- Netherlands: University of Amsterdam
- United Kingdom: Imperial College
Information Management is checking with the event organizers for more details on how the data science game was designed.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access