July 14, 2011 – You can't guard against systemic risk without the right data in hand. And data will be top of mind on Capitol Hill today.
Pulling together that data will be your job. So you'll want to pay attention to the hearing being held today by the House Financial Services Committee on “Oversight of the Office of Financial Research and the Financial Stability Oversight Council.”
Among the speakers:
- Dr. Nassim N. Taleb, Distinguished Professor, New York University Polytechnic Institute, author of "The Black Swan"
- Dilip Krishna, Vice President of Financial Services, Teradata Corporation, which makes heavy-duty data appliances and creates large-scale data warehouses,
- Alan Paller, Director of Research, SANS Institute, a computer security expert, and,
- Dr. John Lietchy, Professor of Marketing and Statistics, Director of the Center for the Study of Global Financial Stability, Pennsylvania State University.
To frame thinking, here's a slide show from Financial InterGroup that digs into the devil of the details of how systemic risk data will be collected and helps you crack that code.
This story originally appeared on Securities Technology Monitor.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access