Cordys, Inc., announced the release of the latest version of its Composite Application Framework, an enterprise platform built from the ground up on SOA principles.
The latest Cordys release includes the introduction of the Web Workplace, a browser-based interface that eases the creation of composite applications that support specific business requirements; an enhanced Business process Management and Execution System (BPMS) that provides business people with the tools they need to graphically design, manage, execute and adapt business processes in a code-free environment; and enhancements to the Cordys Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) capability, that now provides deeper and broader levels of intelligence across the enterprise.
"The basic premise of Cordys' approach is that business people drive the business; IT solutions and architectures need to be properly reflective of this," said Ian Charlesworth, senior analyst, Ovum. "By separating and isolating the various logic types at each level of its five-tiered architecture, and by factoring in the user interface implications of creating composite applications from a number of different source systems, Cordys offers one of the few technology platforms capable of delivering both SOA and BPM in a single integrated environment."
"These enhancements to the Cordys platform push the envelope for enterprise SOA. Many vendors claim to offer SOA-based platforms, but few actually deliver it," said Theodoor van Donge, Chief Technology Officer of Cordys. "The combination of separating and isolating the different types of logic, the use of a consistent XML object model throughout the platform, and the provision of a graphical user interface tailored to business people, means that Cordys is well-positioned to deliver the high levels of Business Agility that SOA has long promised,"
The new release of the Cordys platform is delivered as a single product that comprises a five-tier architecture with a single point of administration, and a single install, and capable of delivering a completely unified and open SOA-based enterprise architecture. The platform includes:
- Tier I - User experience
- A browser-based rich client, the Web Workplace, that includes the Cordys AJAX toolkit and Cordys XForms, and which supports the ready creation of composite applications that apply data, services, application modules, and other resources to meet specific business requirements.
- Tier II - Business Process Management Suite (BPMS)
- A visual and intuitive BPMS that equips business process managers with the ability to design, create manage, execute, and adapt business processes, while utilizing services available on the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) to implement those process, without developing new software or performing any manual application integration.
- Tier III - Integration
- A full-featured, Web services-based ESB that provides powerful integration, messaging, content-based routing, and data transformation capabilities.
- Tier IV - Business Logic
- A rapid composite application development environment, powered by WS-AppServer that enables developers to create enterprise-class transactional systems quickly and efficiently.
- Tier V - Data Access
- A sophisticated Master Data Management (MDM) framework that efficiently synchronizes data across different applications and databases.
The Cordys platform is built on a unique homogeneous XML architecture that leverages XML throughout every layer of the platform, thus dramatically reducing the complexity of integration projects and significantly improving the potential for reuse of existing IT assets.
Cordys offers its technology platform as part of its complete SOA Box solution. This comprises the Composite Application Framework, supported by enabling technologies and Cordys@Work, a repository of guidelines, blueprints, templates and best practices for the successful development and implementation of SOA-based solutions using Cordys.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access