June 2, 2008 - Composite Software introduced a new appliance, Composite Discovery.
Composite Discovery is intended to assist nontechnical business users who depend on IT teams to access data for analysis and decision-making access business-critical information with the relevant data relationship context.
Composites newest solution leverages elements of business intelligence and enterprise search to empower users to work with source data and intermediate stores such as warehouses and marts.
Among Composite Discoverys key features are:
- Search functionality for finding structured data,
- Data relationship discovery that reveals relationships among the information contained in disparate sources,
- Drag-and-drop tools to view and work with data in a familiar tabular format,
- Query optimization and integration with Microsoft Excel,
- Recipes for repeatable searches,
- Enterprise 2.0 information support and
- A range of security options, including integration with LDAP and Active Directory.
Composite Discovery can be used as a stand-alone appliance. With the Composite Information Server, Composite Discovery leverages developed views and other virtual stores that abstract and federate data from a variety of sources including SAP, Siebel, Oracle, PeopleSoft and salesforce.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access