Cognos, a world leader in enterprise business intelligence (EBI) and corporate performance management, announced the immediate global availability of Cognos ReportNet 1.1. Offering enterprise-proven performance and scalability, Cognos ReportNet 1.1 further extends its leadership in enterprise reporting with all-new language support, and extensive support for the a broad range of data sources including robust integration with IBM and SAP BW environments.
Responding to global customer feedback, Cognos ReportNet includes all-new charting capabilities including waterfall or progressive charts as well as superior system management through extended auditing capabilities. Demonstrated to nearly 300,000 organizations worldwide in an extensive roadshow, more than 50,000 individual IT decision-makers have received a demo version of Cognos
According to the results of an extensive scalability tests conducted at IBM SPC lab in San Mateo, CA, Cognos ReportNet demonstrated mission-critical performance supporting a community of 190,000 named users.
“Cognos ReportNet is a powerful new tool to increase efficiency and help us better serve our customers. Even after only a few months in production, Cognos ReportNet, in conjunction with IBM DB2, has allow us access to important data to enhance our ability to manage customer relationships that have allowed us to streamline our product set and improve our customer service. said LaQuita Hudson, vice president of decision support at First Citizens Bank.
“First Citizens also benefits from the richness of the Cognos Enterprise BI (EBI) Series, providing quite literally a one-stop shop for BI,” added Hudson.
- Unprecedented Multilingual Support Cognos ReportNet is now available immediately available in 10 languages including English, French, German Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Spanish, Finnish, Italian and Swedish. Reports can be built once and consumed in over 25 languages including a broad range of Asia/Pacific languages based on user preference.
- Certified Enterprise Platform Support Offering native support for SAP BW, Cognos ReportNet is one of the first enterprise applications to be certified as “Powered by SAP NetWeaver” for its integration with SAP NetWeaver, SAP's open integration and application platform. With extensive support for IBM WebSphere and SAP Enterprise Portal as well PeopleSoft EPM, Cognos ReportNet 1.1 allows enterprises to create a single report that can draw from a wide range of heterogeneous data sources, giving business users a single view of critical business information.
- Reporting Leadersip Cognos ReportNet covers all reporting requirements from ad hoc query, managed reports, and business reports, to bills, statements and invoices. Cognos offers pixel-perfect, high-quality production reports to massive numbers of users. Delivering unprecedented flexibility and ease of use for business users, Cognos ReportNet allows customers to create complex reports with drag-and-drop simplicity.
- Superior Meta Data Integration Cognos DecisionStream, data integration software that delivers a fully automated dimensional model ideal for high performance reporting, is now integrated with Cognos ReportNet. DecisionStream delivers all the meta data required for an enterprise reporting solution and enables incremental updates to the semantic metadata layer. Cognos ReportNet can now access mainframe data sources such as IMS, VSAM and ADABAS thru partnership with Attunity Corporation.
Cognos ReportNet offers a Web-based report and query authoring environment, extensive multilingual support and Web Services-based architecture to meet the needs of today’s multinational, diversified enterprises and to dramatically reduce total cost of ownership.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access