Cognos, a leader in business intelligence (BI) and corporate performance management (CPM), announced it has significantly strengthened its industry- leading enterprise scorecarding solution with the launch of Cognos Metrics Manager Version 2. This release expands Cognos' leadership in the enterprise scorecarding and CPM markets, and includes a broad range of customer-driven functionality, flexibility and scalability enhancements. Cognos has also strengthened its CPM solution by further integrating enterprise scorecarding with Cognos Analytic Applications, Cognos Enterprise Planning Series and Cognos Enterprise BI Series 7 Version 2.
As companies face the challenge of increasing competition, limited resources and governance regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley, performance management becomes an enterprise requirement. Scorecarding, a critical component of performance management, has expanded beyond the executive office to reach every desk in the organization. As a result, traditional spreadsheet applications have become stretched beyond their intended capacities. Cognos Metrics Manager Version 2 was specifically designed to tackle the rigors of true enterprise scorecarding, enabling companies to elevate corporate performance by linking strategy, people, and information assets across the organization.
Cognos Metrics Manager Version 2 will enable:
- User Empowermen. Cognos Metrics Manager Version 2 empowers users by delivering the information they need, whenever and wherever they need it. Personalized views of key metrics give each individual access to the metrics and supporting information that matters to them. Real-time monitoring, alerting and event detection capabilities through e-mail and mobile devices ensure information is delivered to the right people at the right time.
- Deep Insight and Analysis. The rich assessment capabilities in this release deliver unprecedented levels of insight into the metrics. In one consolidated display, users can view a metric, understand the underlying performance measures impacting that metric, and be guided toward supporting data and reports for additional visibility into performance issues or patterns. In addition, Cognos Metrics Manager Version 2 extends Cognos' market-leading BI capabilities to scorecarding customers with its full support of Cognos Enterprise BI Series 7 Version 2.
- Powerful Metrics Management. Cognos Metrics Manager Version 2 delivers the industry's most powerful and scalable scorecarding solution, expanding beyond the executive office to support tens of thousands of scorecards and hundreds of thousands of individual metrics. Also, comprehensive support for leading applications servers including IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic and SunOne enables the creation of one centralized pool of metrics, providing a consistent 360-degree view of the entire business.
Cognos has also enhanced its overall corporate performance management offering with tighter integration across the entire Cognos solution set. Cognos Analytic Applications now embrace Cognos Metrics Manager Version 2, offering users one single view of their business, and driving improved accuracy, consistency and alignment across the performance management cycle. Simplified point-and-click functionality ensures timely and reliable loading of information from the applications into the scorecards, and over 650 predefined metrics built into the applications helps accelerates scorecard deployment across the enterprise.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access