Cognos announced it is extending its enterprise planning capabilities by delivering a series of targeted, pre-built capabilities, designed to help customers link operational and financial plans to improve forecast reliability.
Developed by the Cognos Innovation Center for Performance Management, the new Cognos Plan-to Perform Blueprints are documented, pre-defined data, process and policy models available to customers at no additional cost. The Blueprint models are based on proven best-practices in enterprise planning and allows customer to jump-start their planning and forecasting deployments in areas such as strategic financial forecasting and target setting, headcount and compensation, sales and capital expenditures.
The Blueprints define all the necessary technology and process design choices for customers to quickly deploy a business planning process across their organization. By linking these Blueprints, customers can:
- Establish a dynamic link that keeps plans, people, and activities in sync as business conditions change
- Improve their ability to align strategic objectives with operational plans, linked to external market events and operational drivers.
- Quickly see the impact of changes in operational plans on corporate financials.
- Intelligently and quickly improve resource allocations in support of corporate objectives.
- Consistently communicate and apply corporate guidelines and policies throughout the enterprise.
Five Cognos Enterprise Plan-to-Perform Blueprints will be available in January through the Cognos Innovation Center for Performance Management. These include Strategic Financial Planning and Forecasting, Sales Planning and Forecasting; Expense Planning and Control; Headcount and Compensation Planning; and Capital Expenditure Planning.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access