Acorn Systems, the best-of-breed costing and profitability analytics vendor, and Cognos, a leader in business intelligence (BI) and corporate performance management (CPM), announced a global alliance to deliver comprehensive activity-based costing and corporate performance management solutions.
The two companies have entered into a strategic technology partnership, in which they have integrated Acorn Systems activity based costing and the BI components of Cognos' corporate performance management suite, comprised of: Cognos Enterprise BI Series, the industry's most comprehensive business intelligence solution; Cognos Enterprise Planning Series, the industry-leading solution for planning, budgeting, modeling, and forecasting; and Cognos Metrics Manager, the most robust and flexible enterprise scorecarding solution. Organizations can drive profitable growth by making opportunities more transparent and actionable through visibility of product, service and customer profitability. As part of their agreement, Acorn Systems and Cognos will undertake joint market development, with special emphasis on financial services, distribution, consumer packaged goods and retail sectors.
According to a recent Gartner report, "The metrics, the definitions and the underlying data should be consistent, but various users will make different uses of the data at various levels. On an aggregated level, the metrics come together in, for example, a balanced scorecard for the enterprise. To translate scorecard metrics into operational drivers, managers may use the same data for an activity-based costing exercise. The same definitions are used again for planning purposes. Finally, the outcome and corresponding planning data are aggregated to feed the metrics at the strategic level."
Acorn Systems Profit Analyzer delivers undeniably accurate enterprise scalable cost and profit metrics to enhance Cognos' industry leading CPM solution by providing:
- More accurate, accessible and actionable data to drive CPM throughout the organization.
- Greatly reduced data collection and model updating times to shorten decision time.
- The ability to recalculate costs dynamically for ease of maintenance and more frequent reports.
- Visibility into cost, revenue and capacity numbers around any desired dimension.
- Transaction-level accuracy coupled with enterprise-wide scalability to discover underlying cause of performance.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access