Xerox and Cisco have formed an alliance they say will deliver cloud services that combine network intelligence and print management.
The companies said the alliance will bring together Xerox’s expertise in managed print and cloud outsourcing services, with Cisco’s intelligent network infrastructure. One of the offerings they say they will bring to market is mobile printing – the ability to print from any device, anytime, anywhere.
“This relationship puts Xerox and Cisco at the center of a simplified, connected infrastructure – bringing together networking, printing and cloud services,” Ursula Burns, Xerox chief executive officer, said in a statement. “Together we’re helping businesses transition to the cloud in ways that best suit their operations, and add the services needed to enhance security and productivity for employees.”
In some forms of mobile printing, a user can send a document from a smartphone or other mobile device to a cloud service, which makes the document available to networked printers. A user can then go to a printer connected to the service, enter a code, and print the document.
Xerox and Cisco say they are collaborating on the following offerings:
- Xerox Managed Print Services over Cisco Borderless Networks: This offering will monitor print technology and protects confidential information, while enabling mobile printing services.
- Xerox cloud outsourcing services on Cisco UCS and Vblock: Xerox’s outsourcing arm ACS will offer outsourcing services for Cisco’s cloud infrastructure platforms.
Xerox mobile print on Cisco virtual desktop: This offering will enable mobile printing on Cisco’s virtual desktops and on its Cius tablets.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access