Celequest, the leading provider of software for business activity monitoring (BAM), announced general availability of Celequest 3.0, the latest version of its award-winning software suite for building and deploying BAM solutions across the enterprise. Celequest 3.0 adds operational dashboard capabilities to the company's Activity Suite, enabling customers to fully leverage the power of the Celequest platform for real-time visibility into business operations.
Celequest 3.0 brings real-time business intelligence to the decision-maker's desktop, giving operational managers and executives continuous visibility into the metrics and events that shape their business, and allowing them to make immediate decisions and take decisive action based on the most up-to-date information. Celequest's is the only dashboard solution to stream data, which is critical to making decisions based on what "is" happening in the business rather than what "has" happened or what "might" happen.
Operational dashboards are distinct from other types of dashboards in that the information displayed represents the state of all relevant business metrics "right now." Unlike traditional dashboards that are simple visualization tools of static information, Celequest's operational dashboards incorporate real-time and historical data to present business events as they are happening. In addition, operational dashboards incorporate the ability to raise exceptions based on business rules and initiate actions via workflows. Celequest's operational dashboards are designed to be used on a day-to-day basis by business managers and operations executives, in contrast to traditional dashboards which require advanced business analyst involvement to use, change and configure the dashboard.
"The BI vendor trend of offering dashboards and threshold triggers is a step in the right direction, but these solutions do not meet the real-time requirements of business activity monitoring," said Bill Gassman, principal analyst, Gartner. "Most BI tools are not driven by events, and are designed to work with data that is at least a day old. Operational business intelligence systems are needed that alert users to significant events as they occur, and offer a dashboard that combines real-time and historical information. This helps users to make decisions based on up-to-the minute information."
Celequest's operational dashboards are the first dashboard products designed for the immediate needs of business users, providing instant visibility into complex business operations. Celequest offers a complete set of capabilities not found with other dashboard solutions:
- Personalization: Intuitive dashboards allow users to receive alerts and view up-to-date metrics, graphs and indicators that can be easily customized to meet their specific needs. Since the dashboards are integrated with the underlying BAM systems, business users can drill down into data directly from the dashboard without going through other systems.
- Continuous Data: Celequest's event-driven architecture continuously streams business event data to provide real-time updates to each dashboard to facilitate operational decision making.
- Exception Management: Celequest's event-driven architecture incorporates sophisticated business rules that automatically notify users when exceptions occur. Alerts include contextual information to help in decision making.
- Intelligent Workflow: Alerts are automatically routed to different managers, superiors, and subordinates based on the importance of each alert and the role of each business user. Alerts can be acknowledged and closed providing closed loop collaboration.
- Dynamic Modeling: Adaptive Modeling allows users to dynamically create new metrics or set thresholds without any disruptions or latency of information.
Celequest's operational dashboards are powered by the Celequest Activity Server, which incorporates patent-pending "streaming" data technology to materialize and cache real-time temporal views of events while integrating historical context data. Unlike batch-based business intelligence solutions that provide "snapshots" of operations, the Celequest Activity Server enables users to associate time with events, allowing them to identify trends over time and understand events within the larger business context.
Celequest Activity Server monitors business events-such as new orders, customer service calls, and inventory replenishing-and operational systems in real-time. The server applies business rules to the combined data and automatically alerts users when exception conditions occur-as business events are happening. Beyond the operational dashboard, alerts can also be sent to email, portals, pagers, or other devices. The real-time metrics that accompany alerts can be viewed in the dashboard, Microsoft Excel or any standard BI tool or portal.
Wherever real-time activity monitoring and analysis can boost operational efficiency, Celequest 3.0 can be successfully applied, including such critical business functions as:
- Demand and Inventory Visibility: Continuously monitor product sales and inventory levels while receiving timely notice of changes in demand across multiple sales channels and operational systems, to ensure on-time delivery, product availability and resource allocation.
- Risk Management and Compliance: Actively monitor transactions and compliance processes, and instantly send alerts when key risk indicator thresholds are exceeded.
- Quality Monitoring: Continuous analyze quality test data from suppliers or contract manufactures to compare against historical trends or SLA metrics to immediately identify quality risk in the manufacturing process.
- Margin Optimization: Analyze orders, inventory levels and customer payment history to optimize the mix of products shipped at the end of the quarter for maximum margin.
- Real-Time Sales Analysis: Combine customer data, analytic models and business rules to facilitate real-time marketing and sales promotions, increasing the profitability of customer interactions.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access