The newly named CA Technologies unveiled its strategy to push into the cloud computing management space at its annual CA World conference this week.
The company announced four new products as part of a CA Cloud-Connected Management Suite, designed to address emerging management challenges presented by the cloud. CA said it is focusing on the “IT supply chain” – the dynamic combination of external and internal resources that enterprises are using to deliver critical applications and services.
“Historically, IT relied almost exclusively on internal resources and infrastructure to meet the needs of the enterprise,” Chris O’Malley, the company’s executive vice president of Cloud Products and Solutions, said in a statement. “As companies embrace cloud computing, however, they increasingly partner with whatever external providers can best help them meet their changing requirements. This means an organization’s ability to gain competitive advantages from technology will be contingent upon their ability to continuously optimize their IT supply chains.”
The company’s cloud management suite, which will be rolled out beginning in October, consists of four key products:
- CA Cloud Insight will offer a standardized service measurement index, designed to offer a common way to assess internal and external IT services relative to business priorities.
- CA Cloud Compose will provide a means to create a compute cloud from commodity hardware. Built on technology gained from CA’s acquisition of 3Tera, it leverages a catalog of reusable software components.
- CA Cloud Optimize draws on a new community announced called Cloud Commons and will help customers make optimal decisions on their cloud initiatives.
- CA Cloud Orchestrate will provide workflow control and policy-based automation of changes to service infrastructures based on input from Cloud Insight, Cloud Compose and Cloud Optimize.
In addition to leveraging technology gained from 3Tera, the new products also make use of technology gained through CA acquisitions of Oblicore and Cassatt.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access