Computer Associates International, Inc. (CA) outlined CleverPath “Information in Action” a next-generation blueprint for enterprise business intelligence that transcends traditional content portals to enable high-value analysis and decision-making capabilities across enterprise information assets and business processes.
The goal of CleverPath “Information in Action” is to provide decision-makers with a more intelligent view of business and market conditions through sophisticated aggregation, analysis and personalization of real-time and historical information.
The CleverPath “Information in Action” blueprint is based upon CA’s unique Information Delivery Maturity Model, which identifies four progressive stages in the evolution of information delivery systems. Based on this model, enterprises can pinpoint opportunities for improvements in information access, relevancy and analysis which, in turn, can empower managers to make more accurate and reliable business decisions.
A recent IDC study, “The High Cost of Not Finding Information,” demonstrates that an enterprise with 1,000 knowledge workers can lose up to $15 million annually in intellectual rework, time spent searching and lost opportunity costs. CA’s Clever Path “Information in Action” blueprint can help eliminate these losses by improving and expediting business decision-making through the deployment of intelligent information delivery solutions built upon a common architecture.
In support of its CleverPath “Information in Action” blueprint, CA is delivering a series of products and product enhancements that provide an intelligent view of business, enabling applications to adapt to changes in business processes and maximize the business value of information. CleverPath solutions are crafted with a component-based architecture comprised of both shared common services and specialty services that address specific requirements such as collaboration, online analytical processing, business process management, and predictive analysis. The architecture enables customers to leverage existing technology investments while exploiting the benefits of an integrated solution. New CleverPath solutions include:
- CleverPath Portal 4.5 delivers simplified administration and user management; enhanced XML and Web APIs; and major gains in performance and scalability. Version 4.5 incorporates many user customization, convenience, and template enhancements driven by a recent usability study.
- CleverPath Aion Business Rules Expert 9.5 provides Web services access to business rules both within the CleverPath infrastructure and for direct use in customer applications for greatly simplified standards-based integration.
- CleverPath Collaboration Option delivers secure, easy-to-implement portlets that provide business collaborative capabilities such as instant messaging, browser content sharing, and audio/video conferencing.
- CleverPath Advanced Access Control Option - protects enterprise information assets and simplifies access for authorized users by providing powerful authentication and secure single sign-on for both internal and external resources and applications.
- CleverPath Dashboard Option - delivers an integrated development environment to quickly create and deploy executive dashboards that display KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and other business metrics to enable rapid and effective communication across an organization.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access