Computer Associates International, Inc. announced the completion of its acquisition of Netegrity, Inc., a leading provider of identity and access management software. Netegrity stockholders approved the transaction on November 23.
CA will make Netegrity's identity and access management solutions available both as stand-alone, best-of-breed products and as integrated components of CA's industry-leading eTrust Identity and Access Management Suite - enabling customers to minimize business risk while streamlining critical IT administration tasks.
"We are excited by the opportunities with Netegrity and welcome its employees, partners and customers to CA and to the eTrust family," said Russ Artzt, CA's co-founder and executive vice president of eTrust solutions. "Together, we will continue to provide customers with the industry's most comprehensive and integrated security management suite."
Key Netegrity executives joining CA include:
- Bill Bartow, vice president of engineering, who continues to head the engineering of all Netegrity.
- Stephanie Feraday, vice president of marketing, who continues to lead marketing efforts for all Netegrity products and also reports to Artzt.
- Erik Hansen, vice president and general manager for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Sales and Pre-Sales, who has the same role at CA for all Netegrity products and reports to Hayley Tabor, CA's senior vice president and general manager for EMEA.
- Vadim Lander, formerly chief technology officer for Netegrity, who is CA's chief identity architect and reports to Artzt.
- Steve McLaughlin, vice president of North American Sales and Pre-sales, who has the same role at CA for all Netegrity products and reports to Gary Weiss, CA's vice president of Worldwide Security Sales.
- Regina Sommer, formerly chief financial officer for Netegrity, who is a principal advisor to Jeff Clarke, CA's chief operating officer, and will play a key role in the CA/Netegrity integration process with Stacy Leader, CA vice president for eTrust.
- Roy Strand, vice president of professional services and training, who remains with CA in the same role for all Netegrity products, and reports to Artzt.
- Bilhar Mann continues as CA's vice president of product management for eTrust Identity and Access Management and picks up responsibility for the Netegrity products. He continues to report to Toby Weiss, senior vice president for eTrust security management.
The merger consideration to be paid in cash for each share of Netegrity common stock outstanding immediately prior to the closing is $10.75, without interest. The aggregate cash consideration to be paid by CA is approximately $439 million. CA will soon mail a letter of transmittal and instructions to former holders of record of Netegrity common stock to be used for the exchange of Netegrity shares for the cash consideration. Netegrity stockholders who own shares through a broker will be contacted by their broker. Former Netegrity stockholders with further questions regarding the exchange of Netegrity shares for the cash consideration should contact EquiServe Trust Company, NA, CA's exchange agent, by telephone at (877) 282-1168.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access