Business Objects, a leading provider of business intelligence (BI) solutions, announced the general availability of the Version 10 Suite of Crystal products.
The new release marks a significant enhancement to the suite’s proven reporting and information delivery technology, which forms a critical foundation for successful BI deployments worldwide. Crystal Version 10 extends the power, openness, and scalability of the industry’s leading reporting solution, and establishes Business Objects as the de facto choice for both enterprise and embedded reporting.
The version 10 suite of Crystal products combines Crystal Enterprise, one of the industry’s most scalable and reliable enterprise reporting platforms, with the powerful report design capabilities of Crystal Analysis and Crystal Reports, the world-standard for high-productivity reporting. Together, the Version 10 Suite of Crystal products provide organizations with the ability to make better, faster decisions for improved business performance.
Building on the proven success of the Crystal Analysis, Crystal Enterprise, and Crystal Reports product lines, Version 10 combines Crystal’s mature reporting architecture with a host of new innovations focused on usability, integration, and manageability. The Crystal Version 10 product suite includes the following new capabilities:
- Extends the value of reporting to business users by providing greater end-user interactivity and tighter integration with Microsoft Office.
- Provides broader application integration options with a new Java report engine and advanced controls for Visual Studio.NET developers.
- Increases the performance and scalability of the industry’s leading web-native reporting infrastructure with dramatic performance gains across Windows and UNIX platforms, large-scale administration capabilities, and a new architecture for data access.
“Crystal Version 10 will enable us to quickly and easily deploy a BI solution throughout our entire organization,” said Tim Sahouri, vice president of Information Services at Medcor. “Because this is a completely integrated offering, we are not forced to mix and match disparate products to meet our business requirements. Business Objects has done all the planning and integration on the back-end, which means we have much less work to do on the front end. This allows us to reduce our total cost of ownership by consolidating our BI investments.”
Crystal Version 10 provides the following capabilities:
- Provides the power to meet virtually any reporting requirement both from a developer and an end-user perspective.
- Allows companies to leverage their existing IT investments and integrate with existing applications, using Java, .NET or COM technology.
- Delivers proven scalability, reliability, and performance, with an architecture that is deployed by over 25,000 customers and tested under stringent lab and real-world deployment scenarios.
Version 10 features all the hallmarks of Crystal’s proven enterprise reporting system: powerful authoring, an open architecture, and industry- leading scalability. “With a new 100 percent Java reporting engine, dashboard- building components for .NET developers, and cross-platform support, this release sends a clear signal that traditional enterprise reporting is only part of the game,” said Dan Vesset, senior analyst, business intelligence and data warehousing, IDC. “Using reporting technology to speed application development projects is an important new direction for leading organizations.”
In conjunction with the launch, Business Objects is also introducing two new professional accreditation programs to maximize an organization’s effectiveness when deploying the Version 10 Suite of Crystal products. For more information on the Crystal Enterprise Certified Professional (CECP) program and the Crystal Reports Certified Professional (CRCP) program, visit the Business Objects Web site.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access