Business Objects, the world's leading provider of business intelligence solutions, today announced the introduction of several targeted BI solutions for the communications industry. These solutions are designed to enable communications companies to innovate throughout their business, by improving the effectiveness of campaigns through deep personalization, speeding the introduction of new value-added services, and improving customer recruitment and cross-selling. To deliver these solutions, Business Objects is working closely with several of its industry-leading partners, including BEA Systems, HP, KXEN and Openwave Systems.
Today, Business Objects is a leading provider of BI solutions for the communications industry, with its software deployed at all of the top 30 communication service providers (CSPs) around the world. The company's solutions are designed to increase revenues, expand customer retention, track and monitor key processes, and provide executives with insight into operations. In the past four years Business Objects has steadily increased its focus on the communications vertical by creating targeted solutions for the industry and establishing dedicated direct sales and global services teams to service Tier 1 CSPs worldwide.
The next generation business intelligence solutions announced today from Business Objects and its partners provide service providers with the ability to track and monitor processes using historic transactional data and near real-time information on operational processes like mobile phone activation, service and device personalization, and content provisioning. Highlights of these solutions include:
- Operational Business Intelligence: Business Objects will work with HP to offer a solution that empowers business users and process owners across the telecommunications enterprise to track, understand, and manage the performance of mobile phone activation process performance. The Business Objects Telecom Activation with HP OpenView solution provides near real-time visibility into the complex and highly synchronized tasks that must be executed in a timely manner for customer activation. The Business Objects and HP solution provides monitoring of tailored metrics presented in an intuitive and flexible dashboard that lets users drill down into problem areas for root cause analysis, receive real-time alerts when processes exceed set tolerance thresholds, and gain visibility into the business impact of delays and manual interventions. For example, a mobile operator can use the solution to monitor how well the various steps in the automated activation process are going and receive alerts if the process is failing or getting delayed in some steps. This helps to enable the operator to quickly take corrective action as needed to improve the business processes that impact customer satisfaction and reduce internal costs.
- Service Portfolio Intelligence: Providing innovative and compelling services can be the key to differentiation and growth in today's highly competitive mobile communications industry. The BEA WebLogic Service Delivery Platform(TM) from BEA Systems, a leader in communications infrastructure software, is designed to enable communications services providers to introduce or terminate new services quickly, efficiently, and cost effectively. Business Objects BI software extends the BEA WebLogic Service Delivery Platform, helping to deliver a solution that can provide visibility into the profitability, popularity, and impact of these services by customer segments, markets, and other dimensions. For example, communications service providers can use the joint Business Objects-BEA solution to monitor the use of third-party content like ring-tone downloads or sports feeds to determine which of these services helps them drive the most new revenue streams, improve differentiation, and increase customer retention.
- Personalization Using Customer Insight: Business Objects and Openwave Systems are collaborating on a solution to enable network operators to better analyze, understand, and capitalize on mobile device subscriber behavior. The solution enables the operators to leverage the data contained in their networks to create very detailed profiles and segments of the subscribers based on their actual patterns of use and network footprint. This will enable the operators to create personalized services and target subscribers based on analysis of real-time data to enhance customer experience. For example, a specific service or advertisement might be shown to a customer based on where they are in a particular city or based on their specific lifestyle profile and recent activity. By using micro-segments for specific marketing campaigns, companies can help to increase the yields of their promotions and the effectiveness of marketing expenditures.
- Predictive Analysis: Business Objects and KXEN have partnered to provide communications managers with predictive information in operational BI dashboards - allowing managers to use historical and predictive analysis to improve planning and performance management for service delivery and personalization, increase revenue and margin per user, and improve customer satisfaction. The integrated solution automatically provides a correct and relevant analysis of customer behavior, billing, provisioning, and service data as key predictors for root cause analysis, forecasts, change notification, and segment descriptions. For example, an operator can look at historic data on customer churn to create models to predict the likelihood a customer will discontinue service and apply it to the current subscriber base to minimize churn risk. Key performance indicators and influencing factors can be tracked in Business Objects dashboards, and alerts can be set to inform decision makers when pro-active action is appropriate.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access