Brio Software, Inc., a provider of next-generation business intelligence tools, announced Brio Performance Suite 8 that answers the market's demand for a fully integrated business intelligence and enterprise reporting tool. By combining the knowledge discovery and interactivity of its business intelligence technologies with the authoring and publishing capabilities of its SQR reporting tools, Brio is able to give customers the broadest tool set for the creation, management and distribution of enterprise information.
According to Gartner research, "Enterprise business intelligence suites and robust reporting have remained distinct for years, yet have competed for many of the same customers. Now, at last, there are definite signs that the two will become one. Primary causes of this convergence include a desire for: a reduction in the complexity of systems; improved ease of use and integration for these overlapping technologies; and decreased costs of support, license fees, maintenance and training."*
With Brio Performance Suite 8, the company has advanced the product's intuitive interface while adding a powerful underlying enterprise-ready architecture to tie everything together. The company is now offering a suite that is simple enough to be installed, implemented and maintained by a small department, but also has the high- performing infrastructure that can easily scale to the needs of an organization of any size.
"Our research indicates that enterprises are looking for analytic solutions that combine the problem solving capabilities of ad hoc query and analysis, enterprise reporting and metrics- based analysis," said David Folger, vice president, META Group. "Giving knowledge workers more options for solving complex business issues with existing information assets, ultimately leads to business performance improvements.
Brio Performance Suite 8 spans the three essential functions of business intelligence software including:
- Enterprise Reporting SQR is the industry-standard language and tool for generating high-volume, presentation-quality reports with unparalleled performance;
- Ad Hoc Reporting and Analysis Insight Server gives users the ability to analyze and dissect complex issues;
- Global Information Delivery Intelligence iServer, ReportsiServer and Knowledge Server deliver personalized reports, analyses and unstructured information across the enterprise through a browser-only interface.
The key to the tight integration of this suite is a server architecture that simplifies query, analysis, report generation, publishing, updating, archiving, scheduling and delivering of personalized reports and analytical content to thousands of concurrent users anywhere. The suite's distributed and replicated J2EE-compliant architecture enables fast data access to heterogeneous platforms increasing performance and scalability.
* Gartner "Enterprise BI Suites and Reporting: Convergence at Last", H. Dresner, September, 2002.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access