BMC Software this week announced the worldwide availability of BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management. The platform enables organizations to achieve the difficult act of balancing their customers’ desire for flexibility and responsiveness with their own responsibility to control, constrain, and manage the cloud environment, BMC claimed.
BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management empowers enterprise customers to efficiently build and operate private clouds and consistently leverage external public cloud resources, the company said. It also enables service providers to develop and deliver the next generation of cloud services to grow their business.
Among the features the company touted with the new release:
- A policy-driven service catalog that personalizes the list of available service offerings and customizations, based on user role.
- A self-service web portal for requesting and controlling cloud resources.
- Dynamic provisioning of compute, network, storage, and application services across heterogeneous infrastructures.
- Out-of-the-box cloud management workflows that drive governance, performance, and compliance of cloud services through automated assignment of compliance policies and performance monitoring tools.
- Pre-built ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) integration for Information Technology Infrastructure Library process interaction and compliance.
BMC’s cloud initiative “is a natural outgrowth of BMC’s core strengths, rightly targeting heterogeneous migrations rather than all-or-nothing leaps of faith into cloud as a panacea, as has been the case with a few of BMC’s competitors” said Dennis Drogseth, vice president at analyst firm EMA. “BMC’s new cloud lifecycle solution set was validated across more than twenty-five customers before its general availability release this month.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access