BEA Systems, Inc., a provider of enterprise infrastructure software, and HP announced new radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions for enterprise customers.
Leveraging HP Services' expansive global reach and RFID implementation expertise, and BEA's industry-leading BEA WebLogic RFID products, the two companies have agreed to provide complete, standards-based RFID solutions designed to help manufacturers, retailers, distributors, transportation and other industry customers streamline supply chain operations and realize a wide range of business benefits.
BEA and HP are building a comprehensive portfolio of RFID solutions targeting four key areas:
- Retail Operations and Asset Management - to help enhance retail operations and supply chain management with RFID;
- RFID Compliance and Tagging Solution for Suppliers - to provide a low-risk, cost-effective way to meet RFID mandates and establish the foundation for an adaptive, digital supply chain;
- Reusable Asset Tracking - to help track and trace high-value reusable assets, including roll cages, racks, totes and containers;
- Safe and Secure Supply Chain - to help track and secure the flow of goods across the entire supply chain and ensure compliance to RFID regulatory guidelines.
For joint customers, the RFID solutions can help streamline new product introductions through product availability at crucial retail points; reduce spoilage and obsolescence by monitoring expiration dates, temperatures and humidity; improve operational effectiveness by improved tracking of reusable assets; improve public safety by targeted product recalls and reduced product counterfeiting; and enhance retail consumer satisfaction and loyalty through improved availability of goods on retail shelves.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access