June 4, 2008 - BakBone Software is shipping NetVault: Backup 8.1.
NetVault: Backup 8.1 supports individual ESX Servers and virtual data centers, giving BakBone customers the ability to deploy data protection in virtual environments and manage the solution under one umbrella, from one graphical user interface.
"Virtualization is a major trend for information technology professionals today and is driven by the accelerating need to reduce energy, hardware acquisition and floor space costs. BakBone is supporting that effort by making it easier for NetVault: Backup users to fully protect their VMware environments," said Jeff Drescher, vice president of marketing, BakBone.
Highlights for NetVault: Backup 8.1 include:
- Full VMware Consolidated Backup Support. The support offers the flexibility to protect virtual machines deployed on a VMware ESX Server or multiple VMware ESX Servers from a VCB proxy server. It provides protection for virtual machine images or individual files on Windows guest operating system and tracks virtual machine migration with VMotion.
- Full VMware virtual machine backups. The backups provide virtual machines with protection from disasters, media failure and data corruption. They protect the entire virtual environment in case of a disaster, including log and configuration files as well as the VMware disk data files.
- Increased flexibility. Increased flexibility gives administrators automatic integration with supported devices, including a VTL, SAN, NDMP or locally attached drive. It offers granularity for Windows on VMware by allowing customers to backup and restore individual files within virtual machines.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access