Arkeia Corp., an international provider of enterprise backup software, unveiled an updated version of its enterprise backup solution augmenting the program's powerful heterogeneous network functions. Arkeia v5.2 enables users to benefit from new customizable reporting functions, even faster backup for large servers and graphically integrated tape duplication options.
New features of Arkeia v5.2 include:
- Fully redesigned reporting functions that provide highly customizable machine-based reports and more developed messages that inform sys-admins about the successful completion of operations. Arkeia can automatically forward these reports to designated e-mail addresses.
- Support for Quantum DLTSage technology that incorporates preventive and predictive diagnosis for SDLT tape devices. This feature supplies the information necessary to predict and prevent storage system errors.
- By optimizing the catalog algorithm, large file servers can realize dramatic backup speed increases. Backup is five times quicker for 10,000 files within a single directory, and backing up 150,000 files inside the same directory can be 50 times faster!
- In response to the IT industry's need for maximized security, Arkeia has expanded GUI capabilities that include tape duplication. Easily cloned tapes can then be stored off site for added security. This feature, combined with Arkeia's disaster recovery plug-in for backup servers, makes it possible to rebuild the backup environment from scratch in the event of theft or total destruction.
- Incorporating the latest in Linux technology, v5.2 further broadens support of Linux by supporting backup of the Linux ACLs. Arkeia v5.2 will also be certified "UnitedLinux ready."
Priced in a range associated with standard Linux environments, Arkeia is one of the most affordable professional solutions for network backup of Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, NetWare or Windows servers. For more information about Arkeia's new version 5.2 and a downloadable 30-day trial version, check out http://www.arkeia.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access