arcplan, Inc., a business intelligence (BI) software provider, announces the release of its dynaSight Business Intelligence Platform Version 4.0, the next incarnation of its dynamic front-end analytic software featuring a powerful search engine to give business professionals unique access to critical information and faster application development. New interfaces to Oracle 9i OLAP and XML for Analysis (XMLA), and added functionality and security system support, round off this enterprise-class BI platform to solve even the most sophisticated analytic challenges.
"Version 4.0 adds many groundbreaking functionalities and features to an already proven software product, the cost and quality of which is unrivaled in the market of business intelligence platforms," Robert Koolen, arcplan, Inc. CEO, said. "A broad range of reporting and analytic requirements are covered in one dynaSight platform."
arcplan begins shipping Version 4.0 this month, and includes these added products and enhancements:
- dynaSight Search Engine - the search engine for business content in BI applications - permits fast and easy access to company data. Business users employ keywords to operate it, as if it were an Internet search engine, through multiple analytic applications to gain information on financials, products, customers, marketing campaigns and much more. Click on associated links to retrieve all available information associated with the document including menus, hierarchies and data within the underlying databases. The Search Engine also makes it possible to sidestep the construction of navigation functions making it even easier to quickly develop dynaSight applications. View a demo at: http://searchengine.arcplan.com/search/searchengine.html
- New XMLA Interface - opens new possibilities for direct access to data on analytical servers supporting the XMLA standard, such as Microsoft or Hyperion.
- Direct Oracle 9i OLAP Services Interfac e- enables the creation of completely individual solutions such as analytical dashboards and balanced scorecards. arcplan is perhaps the only BI vendor to offer this integration.
- Enhanced LDAP Security Protocol Support - provides a standard to access directory services for the selection of user authorizations for database access, e-mail addresses, or names.
Improving usability is at the heart of the improvements.
"A BI platform without search engine capabilities is equivalent to sailing across the Pacific without a GPS," Brian King, arcplan Inc. President and COO, said. "With 4.0 we've provided a mechanism to walk users through sophisticated applications to get them right where they want to go and get the information they need with speed."
Continued King, "In a similar vein, connectivity to XMLA, which allows neutral connectivity to structured content, comes out of our participation on the XML Advisory Council to help drive adoption of XMLA as an emerging standard interface for OLAP and data-mining technologies."
As always, dynaSight cost-effectively solves the pressing business issues surrounding business performance management, workflow processes, regulatory compliance management, and the strategic forecasting and planning that many of today's already lean running businesses wish to master.
- Rapid Application Development: An object-oriented, drag-and-drop development environment provides rapid design of custom analytic applications for implementations one-third faster than industry average.
- Real-time Predictive Analysis: Sophisticated write-back capabilities let customers perform real-time forecasting and scenario-based predictive analysis.
- Advanced Visualization: Stylish and easy-to-read graphics, tables, gauges and charts enhance visualization and comprehension of complex data.
- Open Connectivity: Connectivity to multiple and disparate data sources provides a full consolidated view of how a company is performing - all on one page.
- Complete Integration: Integration directly into any IT infrastructure regardless of operating system or data sources standardizes reporting across the enterprise, and allows for future changes protecting a company's investment in dynaSight and other BI products.
The arcplan Solutions Delivery Team of certified architects ensures each dynaSight project is quickly productive, tailored to each company's unique situation and optimized for future growth and maintenance. arcplan Bundled Solutions and industry-specific templates also speed up deployment. Future advancements for business clients include making dynaSight available for use with the Linux operating system and .Net integration later this year.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access