Actuate Corporation, a leader in scalable business intelligence applications, announced the addition of four mutually beneficial strategic alliances with NEC Nexsolutions, Fujitsu FIP, Toshiba Solutions and IBM Japan, which will serve to positively promote Actuate products and services in new and existing Japanese markets. The Actuate Information Application Platform will easily integrate within each partners’ technology offering to deliver web- based enterprise reporting features to augment existing partner products and services.
The move signals Actuate’s desire to provide superior systems integration and product sales capabilities within the Japanese market, which is achieved by coupling Actuate’s Information Application Platform with each strategic partners’ consulting, customization services and systems integration offerings to create targeted packages to more accurately address customer needs. Actuate expects these Japanese partnerships to significantly boost product appeal and market penetration.
The partnerships were formalized during a press conference on October 24th in Tokyo, Japan, where Pete Cittadini, Actuate’s president and CEO addressed an audience together with Keiichi Kitajima, executive director of Fujitsu FIP Corporation, Nobuyuki Kamigashima, managing director at NEC Nexsolutions, Masahito Shirai, director at Toshiba Solutions and Tetsuo Narita, manager CRM & BI Solutions at IBM Japan.
The new partners made the following points during the press conference:
- NEC Nexsolutions (NEXS): NEXS provides service integration and outsourcing services to mid-sized companies and noted that their customers are demanding faster time to market, lower TCO, better reliability and robust security and that Actuate’s technology meets these demands. NEXS already has several Actuate customers who have a positive perception of Actuate and is planning to pursue other Actuate opportunities within NEC group companies.
- Fujitsu FIP: Fujitsu FIP noted that reporting is a key part of business applications and that customers are currently frustrated at the lack of business applications that meet their needs. Actuate is key to providing business applications that meet reporting needs, and FIP will leverage Actuate’s core strengths for FIP's system integration business.
- Toshiba Solutions: Toshiba Solution is planning to use Actuate in conjunction with Toshiba Solutions' SAP business solutions. Actuate has been used by several Toshiba group companies and maintains a good reputation with them.
- IBM Japan: IBM Japan is seeking opportunities to implement packaged solutions for employee information portals and balanced scorecard applications. Reporting is the essential ingredient for these packaged solutions and Actuate is a very good fit for these sorts of deployments.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access