Actuate Corporation, a world leader in enterprise reporting, announced Actuate Analytics, a multidimensional analytics product that will extend Actuate's appeal to power users by providing them with a self-service method of extending beyond web reports and spreadsheets into multidimensional analysis. Actuate Analytics features an easy to use wizard-driven, customizable interface that can be tailored to a user's skill level, as well as personalized cubes that allow users to quickly access relevant information. In addition, the product offers offline analysis for users to analyze cubes remotely and provides the ability to link multidimensional analysis to Web reports and spreadsheets.
Traditionally, analytics products have been the domain of IT departments and power users, limiting their form and function to complex interfaces and functionality that requires weeks of training to master. These products have typically run on a separate server from the enterprise reporting infrastructure, preventing power users from sharing the results of their findings with a wider audience in an affordable and accessible manner and also causing challenges for the IT department in the management and maintenance of separate servers.
The introduction of Actuate Analytics builds on Actuate's commitment to improve usability of enterprise information while maintaining solution affordability. Actuate Analytics brings easy-to-use multidimensional analysis to the enterprise, enabling power users to create their own analysis, define reports and drill down into detail, both online and remotely. Actuate's Analytics is affordable because it leverages the power and scalability of the Actuate iServer, the only integrated server that generates, manages and delivers cubes, web reports, query results and Excel spreadsheets securely across the enterprise, eliminating the need for firms to purchase, manage and deploy separate analytics and enterprise reporting infrastructures.
Actuate Analytics is comprised of three components:
- Actuate Cube Viewer: An easy-to-use interface that empowers users to analyze cubes, define reports and save multidimensional cubes for offline analysis.
- Actuate Cube Designer: A wizard driven designer that enables the user to define and create lightweight OLAP cubes step-by-step.
- Actuate Analytics Option for iServer: A server-based component that generates on-demand or scheduled cubes, caches and delivers cubes and cube reports to users of Enterprise Reporting Applications.
- One-click access: Actuate Analytics provides single click access to data cubes from anywhere that hyperlinks are supported, including users' home pages, Web-based reports, Acrobat report files and Excel spreadsheets.
- Personalized cubes: Secure and user-specific content for rapidly accessing relevant and specific business information.
- Customizable interface: Actuate Analytics provides an interface that can include or exclude functionality, thereby tailoring the front end to each user's skill level. Mobile analysis: Actuate Analytics enables users to analyze anywhere for offline, remote analysis.
Actuate Analytics will be available in a limited production version on December 31st 2003 and is scheduled for general availability at the end of January 2004. Pricing for the Actuate Analytics Option starts at $15,000 per CPU, and $495 per developer for Actuate Cube Designer.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access