Actuate Corporation, a leader in scalable business intelligence applications announced that it has completed the acquisition of Nimble Technology, a privately held enterprise information integration (EII) company, founded in 1999 as a result of a five year research project in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington.
Nimble Technology provides powerful enterprise information integration solutions that enable organizations to intelligently harness business information. Its innovative data integration platform utilizes XQuery to simplify the task of data integration when building web services and applications such as enterprise information portals and business intelligence systems.
Two of the unique strengths of the Actuate Information Application Platform are its ability to access multiple data sources simultaneously and access relational and non-relational data sources. By incorporating Nimble's open, XML-based data integration technology into the platform, Actuate's customers will find it even easier to design Information Applications that provide an integrated view of their business. Furthermore, the incorporation of Nimble's capabilities will enable the Information Application Platform to integrate readily with a broad range of XML-enabled systems.
With the acquisition of Nimble Technology, Actuate plans to take advantage of a number of technology and market opportunities by enabling current and future customers to:
- Quickly and cost-effectively respond to the need to integrate and refine data from multiple relational and unstructured, non-relational sources, including data warehouses, by utilizing a unique XML-based query engine that transforms disparate data into valuable business information without the time and expense of custom coding.
- Leverage data assets that fall outside the scope of traditional data warehousing initiatives. EII capabilities within Actuate's Information Application Platform will enable them to be responsive in addressing ad hoc or rapidly changing business requirements, by accessing information in real time.
- Further extend the flexibility of Actuate's Information Application Platform to preserve and leverage existing IT investments by increasing the scale and breadth of information that can be processed and presented within Information Applications.
- Respond to regulatory and business requirements for integrated views of financial, customer and other operational data. EII technologies enable business intelligence solutions to cost- effectively address a fundamentally new and challenging class of business problems.
Nobby Akiha, vice president of Marketing for Actuate commented to DM Review, “This acquisition gives us the data access/integration piece which will allow us to speed up the development process and significantly strengthen the platform overall. He stated that the development center would remain in Seattle, Washington, keeping the Nimber Technology team in place.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access