Iteration Software, a provider of real-time reporting and delivery solutions, announced the beta availability of the Iteration Real-Time Platform, which is optimized for the Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition operating system. Enterprises implementing the Iteration Real-Time Platform will find improved efficiency, reduced costs and more tightly monitored operations, while taking full advantage of the benefits of a remote and/or mobile workforce.
Iteration defines real-time reporting as up-to-the-second delivery of continuously changing enterprise data. This "active" data finds the user and delivers alerts and reports at the right time and to the right device. With the introduction of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, remote and mobile Tablet PC users will be able to take advantage of Iteration's unique, "presence aware" delivery and pen-based collaboration for real-time reports.
Because traditional business intelligence systems have built in latencies that do not allow for true real-time reporting, Iteration has developed an entirely new platform. The Iteration Real-time Platform has following attributes:
- It is based upon an event-driven architecture that captures data directly from the enterprise transaction stream. This allows for the active delivery of information within 2-10 seconds of an event or transaction, without the massive overhead of a query-driven approach.
- It provides reports in tangible, human consumable formats such as charts, graphs, cross tabs, receipts and forms, rather than XML messages.
- It is characterized by "presence aware delivery." The information finds the user and delivers alerts and reports at the right time and to the right device.
- Once delivered and viewed, reports continue to be active and update themselves on screen in real-time as the underlying data changes, without requiring users to manually refresh or resubmit the report.
The Iteration Real-Time Platform is currently in beta and will be commercially available in Q1, 2003.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access