Aberdeen Group, a leading IT market analysis and positioning services firm, has launched a new service for IT suppliers that eliminates the challenge of managing customer references for sales prospects.
Under its new Online Reference Service, Aberdeen analysts capture one-time interviews with a supplier's best references for repeated use by a diverse prospect base. The interviews are managed on a secure, controlled-access Web site hosted by Aberdeen and are available on a 24x7 basis. Prospects can navigate each interview by question or topic, and prospect access can be limited to one or more interviews within a larger library. Transcripts are also available.
"References are an important element of the selling process for any technology supplier. However, the work that goes into setting up reference calls and the risk that your key reference customers will get 'burned out' from telling your story over and over are major challenges facing suppliers," said David Alschuler, Aberdeen senior vice president. "Aberdeen's Online Reference Service 'protects' your references from burnout, ensures consistent messages and lets sales managers move forward the use of references in the selling process."
Key benefits of Aberdeen's Online Reference Service are:
- Avoids overuse of a supplier's best reference accounts it records once and lets a supplier distribute via Web many times to a controlled audience;
- Ensures customer references are consistent and have credibility and depth;
- Eliminates hours spent by sales and marketing arranging reference interviews and debriefings; and
- Guarantees prospects can connect with references at any time, and at the most optimal time in the sales process.
"Having a third party conduct a reference interview creates a level of credibility that is unachievable in a vendor-conducted interview," said Alschuler, adding that Aberdeen analysts will help formulate relevant questions whose answers will best inform and educate a supplier's sales prospects. "Aberdeen's Online Reference Service helps technology suppliers create and manage an always-accessible online library of customer references, while also providing suppliers with a trusted brand to act as the intermediary in the customer interview process."
Learn more about Aberdeen's Online Reference Service and by visiting Aberdeen.com
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access