A look at the latest big data, business analytics and business intelligence developments for the week ending June 5, 2015.
1. Attunity Ltd. has pushed into the NoSQL data protection market. The company's latest offering, Attunity Replicate for MongoDB, automates data loading and replication between databases, data warehouses, Hadoop and MongoDB.
2. Beyondsoft Consulting North America is buying Piraeus Consulting, a management consulting and business intelligence firm, for up to $7.5 million.
3. BlueData announced support for Docker containers, allowing enterprise IT organizations to deploy Apache Hadoop or Apache Spark in a lightweight container environment. Data scientists and developers can now download BlueData EPIC Lite -- a free version of the EPIC platform available immediately -- to spin up virtual Hadoop or Spark clusters in Docker containers on their laptop, the company said.
4. Couchbase is connecting the dots between the SQL query language and NoSQL databases. The effort strives to make it easier for developers to build web, mobile and IoT apps. Couchbase collaborated with the University of California San Diego on this new technology. Informatica and Tableau are building connectors and integrations to Couchbase’s new query language.
5. DataScience, which offers enterprise data analytics services, raised $4.5 million in a Series A funding. The round was led by Greycroft Partners.
6. Datameer announced new data governance capabilities for its native Hadoop environment. The improvements aim to assist customers with mission-critical and regulatory-compliant analytics use cases, Datameer said.
7. Gild launched a business intelligence (BI) solution for hiring, applying predictive analytics and insight to the hiring process.
8. Illinois Business Intelligence (IBI), a new service offered through Illinois State University’s Stevenson Center for Community and Economic Development, provides free, customized market research intelligence and referrals to small businesses and entrepreneurs, the university said.
9. IneoQuest Technologies is integrating its behavioral video analytics with Anritsu’s eoSight and eoLive suite of products for customer experience analytics. Anritsu provides service assurance and customer analytics solutions for global communication systems and operators.
10. Izenda launched version 6.9 of its business intelligence platform. The offering "makes dashboard design and view customization easy for users with its controls all in one place, enhancing the control and functionality of Izenda’s embedded, self-service business intelligence and analytics platform." Izenda’s platform delivers ad-hoc reports and dashboards, data visualizations and forms, the company said.
11. The UK government unveiled a £313 million partnership with IBM to boost big data research in that country. The effort involves IBM's Watson platform and support from at least 24 IBM researchers, IBM and the UK government said.
13. Marchex expanded its Call Analytics platform and presence beyond North America to include coverage in Europe, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
14. MicroStrategy 10 Secure Enterprise is now generally available. The analytics platform combines traditional business intelligence functionality with data discovery, mobile analytics and enterprise security, the company said.
15. NetBase, a social media analytics company, launched NetBase LIVE Pulse Mashup. Designed for the C-suite, the platform combines social analytics with other critical key performance indicators (KPIs) to help executives make data-driven decisions.
16. Progress released two new drivers for its DataDirect enterprise data connectivity suite. The new MongoDB and SparkSQL drivers are part of a larger portfolio that supports roughly 200 data sources.
17. Saama Technologies Inc., a big data solutions and services company, raised $35 million in funding from Carrick Capital Partners. Saama will use the money to grow its customer base -- which already includes Actelion, Cisco, CSAA Insurance, Delta Dental, Dignity Health, PayPal, Salesforce.com and Unilever.
Each Friday, Information Management recaps a range of product, service and business developments across the big data, analytics and business intelligence landscape. Submit tips and announcements here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access