If you're implementing (or thinking about implementing) a Master Data Management or Reference Data Management solution, you're going to need a data governance organization to:
- proactively define strategy, policies and rules;
- provide ongoing protection and services to data stakeholders across the enterprise; and
- resolve issues arising from non-compliance with policies.
But where do you start in creating a data governance organization? How do you navigate the considerable political challenges and handle the organizational changes, staff the group, define the processes, implement complementary technology, and keep the focus on improving information quality?
This session will cover the steps needed to start up and build out a DG organization, and provide real world examples to illustrate best practices. You will learn:
- Foundational aspects of data governance including the "people" and "process" aspects of starting up a new data governance organization
- Technology and information aspects of bringing the discipline of data governance to your organization
- The impact of trends in Mobile Computing, Social Media and Big Data on MDM and data governance
Speaker: Dan Power is the founder of Hub Designs, a global consulting firm specializing in developing and delivering high impact master data management (MDM) and data governance strategies.