Most large and midsize companies manage day-to-day transactions for orders, accounting, sales, the supply chain and other business areas using a variety of information systems. This complex network poses an impediment to having consistent master data to use across them all. In October, Ventana Research completed research on master data management (MDM), surveying more than 500 qualified organizations to identify the maturity of MDM implementations along with trends and directions in its use. The research found widely disparate data and a lack of master data in these enterprises, a situation that can produce a range of problems harmful to the business. We urge organizations to assess their data environments and make appropriate changes to ensure that they realize the benefits of MDM.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!