It has been several years since I ventured forth to answer the question, "How to Choose a Data Mining Tool Suite." That article was organized around two central concepts:
- There is no "best" tool; that is, no best tool for everyone.
- The most useful tools are those that facilitate well the greatest number of tasks in the kind of data mining applications that you need to perform.
Major Data Mining Tasks
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!