Eric Siegel, Ph.D., is president of Prediction Impact, a consultancy and conference organization that centers on the much hyped but still developing field of predictive analytics. A former machine learning professor at Columbia University, Siegel jokingly considers himself a “recovering academic” during his last nine years as an outside voice to enterprises looking for widespread implementation and training with their predictive models. Ahead of his keynote speech and chairman duties at the Predictive Analytics World conference in Toronto later this month, Information Management caught up with him on the lack of business-side readiness for analytics students, and the “paradigm shift” coming for predictive models.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!