Conceptual modeling, or semantic modeling if you like, is a rather nebulous area in data management. There seems to be a lot of agreement that it is needed, some disagreement about what it is, and little understanding of how to do it. Yet I believe we are now at a point where we will be forced to deal with it in a far more serious way than we have in the past.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!