It is the bane of applications and data to be stovepiped and compartmentalized. But that remains the standard by which we train IT and business managers, says Dr. Leon Kappelman, professor of information systems in the College of Business at the University of North Texas. Business and IT have to change, Kappelman says, and something needs to evolve out of the study of enterprise architecture to help us do that.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!