Are these predictive analytics like those we're used to for measuring things like lifetime customer value or propensity to churn?
Churn and lifetime value are important concepts but I think the field has moved beyond just those things. There is a new focus on unstructured content we get into, also social media, Twitter, Facebook and all the other verbatim data available. My ultimate goal is some kind of analytics that extracts, on an incremental basis, all the information it can from unstructured data and combines that with the information from structured data. That way you get some kind of internal validation that through people’s behavior you have found some trend and validate that through what they are saying. You are adding predictive power to your research.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!