Information-Management.com is proud to release our annual 25 Top Information Managers list for 2012. For a third year in what is now a flagship program at Information Management, our staff, contributors, trusted analysts and past winners lent us their suggestions and examples of leadership and names to watch in information management in the coming year. We saw them speak at conferences, met them at events and were introduced by admirers.
Editorial director Jim Ericson, assisted by Senior Editor Justin Kern, set out on an odyssey of listening and learning, personally interviewing everyone on the list and more over a period of months. We asked them about their jobs, their missions and their thoughts about leadership, and without exception came away enlightened.
The individuals here represent private firms across financial services, insurance, health care, retail, manufacturing, logistics and travel and entertainment. Public agencies at the city, state and federal levels are also represented. There are CIOs, CTOs, enterprise architects and directors of business intelligence and data governance. For the first time, a CFO joined the list.
Several of the names you see on this list will also be the subject of extended profiles in the coming year. The list is not a numerical ranking; we hope you’ll enjoy them all at once as a revealing cross section of our community of information managers everywhere.
- Adrian Gardner, CIO, Director of IT. Communications Director, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Mike Wilens, Special Advisor, Fidelity Investments
- Bill Oates, CIO, City of Boston
- Anthony Perez, Director of Business Strategies, Orlando Magic
- Rick Schooler, VP and CIO, Orlando Health
- Deborah Norton, CIO, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Terry Milholland, CTO, United States Internal Revenue Service
- Bruce Hoffmeister, Global CIO, Marriott International
- Hillel Zafir, Chief Technology Officer, EMI Yoshi
- James Noga, SVP and CIO, Partners HealthCare
- Mike Jennings, Director of Enterprise Governance, Walgreens Inc.
- Sheila Jeffrey, SVP and Senior Information Architect, Bank of America
- Mike Smiley, CFO, Zebra Technologies
- Todd Schofield, Head of Enterprise Mobility, Standard Chartered Bank
- Bruce Livesay, CIO, First Horizon National Corporation
- Gary Lynch, Global Leader of Supply Chain Risk Management, Marsh
- John Lucas, Director of Solution Delivery, BrightStar Partners; former Director of Operations, Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Mark Lack, Manager, Strategy Analytics and Business Intelligence, Mueller, Inc.
- Bruce Beatty, Senior Director, Enterprise Data Management, CSL Behring
- Fabio Catassi, Chief Technology Officer, Mediterranean Shipping
- Frank Fiorille, Director of Risk Management, Paychex
- Larry Gregg, Director of People Services, WorkSafeBC
- Stacey Jones, Lead Systems Architect, UPS
- Alex Pettit, CIO, State of Oklahoma
- Gregory Lewandowski, Manager of Analytics, Business Intelligence Services Division, Cisco Systems
To view a slide show of this year’s honorees, click here.
This piece is brought to you by the Information Management editorial staff.