There has been an acquisition frenzy in the enterprise social and collaboration space over the last year. And the increasing millions that enterprises are pouring into new solutions seem to validate at least some of the vendor-side spending spree. A recent IDC report on the enterprise social and collaboration marketplace named Socialcast and Yammer as leaders in the space, with plenty of major players on their heels. With “sweeping changes in use cases, adoption, technology and attitudes” from the business side of the house, IDC report author and analyst Vanessa Thompson wrote that it won’t be long before social/collaboration will cease to be its own separate software market and will instead be embedded across the application portfolio. Thompson gave Information-Management.com a status update on enterprise interest and adoption in collaboration.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!