The pressure to offer better customer experiences through technology-driven interactions is mounting. According to a multinational survey by Accenture, a management consulting company, 67 percent of insurance customers now are open to purchasing insurance products from companies other than insurers, and 23 percent would consider buying from online service providers, such as Google and Amazon. As much as $400 billion in insurance premiums could change hands within the industry over the next 12 months, and the top two reasons consumers would switch, Accenture said, are lower prices, cited by 87 percent, and more personalized service, cited by 80 percent.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!