Across almost every industry today, 21st century companies are transforming into data-driven companies. In many ways, this transformation is challenging, not just because of big data – or, data’s volume, velocity and variety – but also because of the growing need for data integration agility. Complex data silos afford only an incomplete picture into data and they slow down the ability to provide access or gain timely insights. In industries such as life sciences, we must also give notice to the bevy of operational, regulatory and compliance requirements that pose additional access, governance and sharing challenges. Rapid, non-stop change and growth makes agility and time-to-value an even more challenging hurdle. Now, a strong emphasis on analytics and data discovery for new insights is introducing additional challenges in how data is leveraged into the fabric of the organization, too.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!