I have sometimes been a bit rebellious and disobeyed instructions and directions from my supervisors. This column is intended to inspire those of you who are like-minded with me and prefer to do what you believe is correct rather than what is demanded of you. Behaving this way is obviously risky and can be career-limiting. After more than 40 years working in large hierarchical companies I “quasi-retired” in late 2012, so I am no longer being managed and can write what I wish about being defiant.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!