You need talented people to lock on to the valuable elements of vast and varied data streams. Like big data itself, these “data scientists” come with all types of lofty definitions and expectations. So we reached out to Anand Rao, innovation lead for the analytics group at PricewaterhouseCoopers, who has turned much of his consulting attention of late to enterprises looking to bring on or train a wave of data scientists. Rao spoke with Information Management on the differences between data scientists and what enterprises already have on staff, some approaches he sees making early inroads and the emerging importance of layered visualizations.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!