Joe Caserta is the founder of big data consulting company Caserta Concepts, which has worked with Liberty Mutual, Swiss Re and other large corporations. He believes that many organizations underestimate the complexities of moving from relational databases to Hadoop and other big data technologies. He says understanding exactly what technology can and cannot do is essential to the success of big data and deep analytic initiatives. In an interview with Information Management, Caserta discussed the initial challenges of big data and how to overcome them. He also shared some interesting thoughts about Hadoop and other popular big data initiatives.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!