Tony Cosentino, vice president and research director at research and advisory services firm Ventana Research, sees unanticipated outcomes and challenges with big data implementations. He warns that defining big data by the “three Vs” - volume, velocity and variety - turns into a very technical discussion and encourages organizations to focus instead on the decision-making process to find the most value from the data.
Why the "Three Vs" May not Help your Big Data Initiative
SEP 2, 2014 5:00am ET
To continue, please log in or register.
- Gartners Top 10 Predictions for IT in 2017 and Beyond
- Heart Organization Building Big Data Platform to Aid Precision Medicine
- 4 Ways Business Intelligence Software Improves Data Analysis
- 5 Things to Do When Your Organization Gets Hacked
- Virtuous Machines -- How Analytics Will Underpin Artificial Intelligence