Tony Cosentino, vice president and research director at research and advisory services firm Ventana Research, sees unanticipated outcomes and challenges with big data implementations. He warns that defining big data by the “three Vs” - volume, velocity and variety - turns into a very technical discussion and encourages organizations to focus instead on the decision-making process to find the most value from the data.
Why the "Three Vs" May not Help your Big Data Initiative
SEP 2, 2014 5:00am ET
To continue, please log in or register.
- Why Most Business Intelligence Tools Fail the 'Hadoop Test'
- 4 Skill Sets the Next Generation of Big Data Analysts Are Learning
- Super Bowl 50: Houghton Data Science Students Score Big Behind the Scenes
- 1 In 3 Americans Victim of Healthcare Data Breach in 2015
- Super Bowl 50: From Data Science Classroom to Sport's Premier Event