According to Gartner, master data management is “a discipline in which the business and the IT organization work together to ensure the uniformity, accuracy, semantic persistence, stewardship and accountability of the enterprise’s official, shared master data.” Specific to product data, Ventana Research defines product information management as “the practice of using information and technology to effectively support people- and product-related processes across the enterprise supply chain throughout the life of a company’s products.” Uniting these two concepts, we have an enterprise information management solution that enables centralization of product information from the various systems, creating a single view of that information which can be leveraged across all business units, lines of businesses and functional areas.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!