To date, the utilities industry has used big data, analytics and business intelligence to understand and manage such things as financial metrics, demand forecasts, energy markets, optimization of generation, outages, operational efficiency and customer service. However, many utilities are still in the early stages of understanding the full potential for analytics, what an analytics strategy entails and what big data and analytics can deliver, according to a new study by IDC Energy Insights.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!