What distinguishes strong leaders? This raises the subsequent question whether leaders are born with the innate trait or if strong leadership characteristics can be cultivated. It is the classic “nature versus nurture” debate. In considering this, I began to wonder whether business analysts within an organization could move beyond a support role and become be leaders, similar to C-level executives? A provocative talk by Alan G. Dunn, president and founder of GDI Consulting and Training Company, provided some answers. I share some of Dunn’s thoughts in this column.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!